Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mother's Day and My Time to Craft Challenge

Good evening fellow bloggers!  What a great couple of days we have had with the weather (at least here in the Fens).  Lucky me had Monday and Tuesday off work (using up my holiday entitlement) so had some time for a bit of crafting!  This is one of the Mother's Day cards I  made which I am selling at work, and entering for this weeks 'My Time to Craft Challenge.  Back in 2001 just as we were about to move up here from Hertfordshire, leaving my 2 lovely sons behind as they thought life would be a bit too quiet for them in the sticks lol! my eldest son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes which was an awful shock to us.  However he took it on the chin and I remember him saying that there were people much worse off than him which says it all really as he is a very caring person (I know I'm his mum and a bit bias).  We knew very little about Diabetes especially Type 1 which is controlled by insulin injections and he has coped very well on the whole but there have been occasions when he has had a hypo (low blood sugar) which can be quite frightening to see and we have to deal with it.  Anyway, I have occasionally sold my cards, mainly I have been asked for something specific - but I thought if I made a selection of everyday cards I could sell them at work and donate the profits to charity and I have chosen Diabetes UK as hopefully one day a cure will be found or a better way of controlling it at least.   So back to the card.  I used one of my favourite Tilda stamps which I coloured with Copics.  The circle was cut out with my Cricut and I stamped a swirl with Versa Mark and chalked over it.  The scallop circle I cut using my nesties.  The DP is Kate Knight (Dovecraft) which I've had for some time now. I punched the bottom border with a Martha Steward border punch and added ribbon and a bow. The sentiment is computer generated using Microsoft WordArt and I punched a flower 3 times and layered it up adding a pearl to the centre.  Again the scallop was cut with nesties.  Bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda

    Lovely hues of blue and use of the gorgoeus MS punch. I always appreciate seeing cards in this color, yet rarely work with it, never sure why.

    I am diabetic as well, as was my Dad. It can be frightening at times, I agree. I am always on a high when my BM's are low and a bit of cholocate is allowed.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Linda
    fabulous tilda card,love it speaking of which crafty lou(tilda)and I are doing a demo day at sir stamp on the 13th of this month,maybe we might see you!
    you are a lovely lady,(always new that)making your cards for diabieties.
    see you soon love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, cute image and great colours. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!Linda,your card is very pretty and love her little cheeks.How lovely of you,your sons must be very proud of you.
    Hope to catch up next weekend,take care.Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! You cut tilda out so neatly!
    I hope that you sell lots of cards!

    ReplyDelete