Saturday 20 April 2013

Fairies and Butterflies

Good evening everyone, another late post for me after a busy Saturday.  Our new bathroom refit has turned into a major job.  I should have known that being married to a builder it wouldn't be straightforward but I know when it's finished it will be beautiful.  So today I kept out of the way and made this card.


I wasn't too sure where I was going with this one but I like how it has come together.  Both the background fairy stamp text and the fairy image are PSX which I have had for years and only used a couple of times. The text was stamped onto pink card and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I distressed the edges and embossed them with Frantage - aged rose.  The fairy was stamped using Ranger Archival Ink (Coffee) and I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink to colour her.  I cut her out with a nestie circle and stamped around the edge with a leaf design.  I also used a Sakura Pen Clear Star on her wings and dress. I then mounted the image onto another nestie lacy circle die. The flowers were cut using a free SVG file on my Cricut Expression and the leaves are a Marianne die.  The butterfly is a Noor design die and again I have Frantaged the edges.  Where I have mounted and layered I have stitched around the edges with my sewing machine.  I added a few pearls and a tag (also a Noor Die).  All the papers and card are from my stash.

I am entering the card into two challenges this week:

My Time to Craft - stitching and Oldie but A goodie - Make It Girly

Hope you like - Hugs, Linda x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    How lovely to see you blogging and it looks as though I missed one or two as I've not been able to do a lot for a couple of week (little health scare).

    But I can see you have not lost your touch, this card is so pretty and all beautifully coordinated ad feminine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow. Me like it. I can see you have used your sewingmachin on this card, lowely. I like the beautiful fairy, lowely coloring and I like the butterfly. I hope the summer will come to Norway soon. I`ts very cold here now. I came back from Grand Canaria yesterday. Brrrr, I am freezing. Hope you understanding this, have a nice day.

    Hug from me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the colours!
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete